Have you got a vintage bag with unusable sticky pockets? Here's how to clean them.
What you need:
- Gloves (this is messy)
- Cotton balls and Q-tips (lots of them)
- Acetone based nail polish remover or just acetone
- Paper towels - baby wipes optional
What to do:
- put on your gloves
- wipe out the pockets first with wet paper towels or baby wipes
- soak 2 or 3 cotton balls in nail polish remover (make sure you didn't just get your nails done!)
- rub the polish remover all over the sticky part - it will start to dissolve (don't over soak it - you don't want to mess up the canvas)
- wipe, wipe, wipe!
- if it gets too wet, put some paper towels in the pocket and let it dry before continuing
- use q-tips to get into the seams and corners
- repeat with clean cotton balls and q-tips until you have the soft felt-like lining and no more sticky comes off
- let dry completely
Now you can use the pockets!